Are you, your students/child feeling the anxiety of testing? Are you feeling overwhelmed with the amount of work that has to be covered before testing? We all feel that way from time to time about lots of things that are going on in our lives. Testing is one obstacle that we will have to face at some point in our journey. Whether it is a written standardized test, a test of skill from a friend, a life lesson test, or any other "thing" that requires recalling some piece of knowledge or information. Don't let the fears of "The Big One" keep you from progressing and being successful academically. Taking tests can be quite easy. It's a matter of perspective.
Remember these few simple rules:
1. Don't worry!! Have a positive attitude and you will do fine.
2. Study ahead of time.
3. Think of the most logical answers (Rule out the ones that don't make sense).
4. Go with your first instinct.
5. Use your time wisely (Don't spend to long on one answer).
6. Don't Cheat!
7. Get plenty of rest.
8. Eat a healthy meal. (Not too much heavy food).
9. Read and understand the directions/questions.
10. Be Confident and sure about your answers!
Help me with testing!!!
What are some of your most effective testing strategies? What advice would you give to someone else about testing? How has testing affected you?